I’m a proud parent! Well… kinda? No human children, just a cat and a Python library, but that is more than enough for me!
This is old news at this point, but figured a blog post for it was necessary and very over due! I wrote a Python library called
scrapli. Really it is more a “family” of libraries – some plugins for
scrapli “core”, a
nornir plugin, and a NETCONF add on that is built on top of
scrapli is a Python telnet and SSH client library that provides the same API for both synchronous and asyncio code. It is “pluggable” so that it can be easily extended, it is well typed, tested, and documented, and if I don’t say so myself, it is pretty damn cool!
scrapli README doc is pretty verbose and goes into a lot of detail about how
scrapli works, and some of the design considerations that made
scrapli into what it is today. You can find that doc here.
The additional libraries in the
scrapli family are:
- scrapli-paramiko - the
paramikotransport plugin for scrapli
- scrapli-ssh2 - the
ssh2-pythontransport plugin for scrapli
- scrapli-asyncssh - the
asyncsshtransport plugin for scrapli
- scrapli-netconf - NETCONF client library built on top of
- scrapli-community - Community repo where users can contribute “platforms” to help make it easy to run
scraplion all sorts of different devices/platforms!
- nornir-scrapli -
nornirplugin - so you can have all the goodness of scrapli combined with the goodness of
nornir! (double whammy!)
There have also been some pretty fantastic folks who have written/vlogged/streamed about scrapli over the past year or so, here are some of those (if you have written/blogged/vlogged/whatever about anything
scrapli and you are not here - just send me an email/linkedin message/tweet/dm on twitter/slack!):
- Packet Pushers: Packet Exchange S1E3: News, No Headcount For You, Scrapli Demo
- Packet Pushers: Heavy Networking 532: Scrapli Is A Netmiko Alternative
- Matt Schmitz/0x2142: Using Scrapli & Cisco Genie to Collect Interface Data
- Wim Wauters: Scrapli Introduction
- Dmitry Figol’s scrapli Stream
- Daniel Teycheney and the awesome net-api project scrapli and genie demo
- Said van de Klundert: Scrapli in SaltStack
And some older posts/things from yours truly: